People often ask, Can I register my business with CAC online? The answer is yes. you can register your business online with CAC by following the steps below;
- Check for availability of proposed company name (click here) Read more about name reservation and Reserve a new Name (click here)
- Complete pre-registration form and upload relevant documents (Online using Company Registration Portal)
- Pay filing and Stamp duty fees Check the fees for our Services here
- Now registration is end-to-end on the COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP)
- with electronic Certificate of Registration and Certified Extract of Registration information
People also ask, what are the requirements for CAC registration? well the requirement differ depending on whether you are registering a business name, company or an Incorporated Trustee.
Requirements for registering a business name
- Name of business
- Nature of business/ object
- Details of proprietor(s) Name, email, address, phone No, Occupation, DOB, Passport Photograph, ID card and Signature.
Registration steps for Business Names
- Check for availability of the Business Name (click here). Read more about name reservationand Reserve a new Name (click here)
- Complete pre-registration form – CAC-BNo1 and upload relevant registration documents(Online using Company Registration Portal)
- Pay filing fee Check the Fees for our Services here
- Now registration is end-to-end on the COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP) with electronic Certificate of Registration and Certified Extract of registration information
Note: Individual/Proprietors can register business names without the services of the legal practitioner, chartered Accountant or Chartered Secretary.
Requirements for registering a Company
- Name of the Company
- The objects of the company.
- The principal address of the company.
- The share capital and shareholding ratio among shareholders.
- The particulars of a minimum of two (2) Directors. Their means of identification such as voter’s card, national ID, drivers’ license or international passport.
- Details of the company secretary (one of the directors may also act as the Secretary)
- Details of the shareholders of the company such as names, occupation, residential address, email address, mobile phone number and means of identification such as driver’s license, international passport or national identity card. directors can also be shareholders in the company .
- The memorandum and Articles of association of the company.